My True Love's!

My True Love's!
Geoffrey Madeleine & Caroline at St. Augustine

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Yard Work

We have been working on removing an old bush from the side of our house. It really opens the side up and looks a lot better. The bush was nearly dead and a new weed/brush was growing all thru it along with some dreaded ivy! Eeegads!
Geoffrey promises to build me a small garden bed so that I can plant some veggies in the only spot that gets full sun. I couldn't resist buying some veggie plants to sort of keep progress alive! In addition I purchased a few other sun loving flowers. I have had to avoid these plants for so long due to all of the shade we get.
I can't wait to see it come to life! Here are some pictures.
I also mowed the lawn today - got another day off because Madeleine was not quite better. I was feeling extra nice and even mowed my neighbors lawn! We don't know them very well and their baby kitty died on Monday so I wanted to do something nice for them. I know how hard it is with pets. Anyway, both kids have soccer tonight and Madeleine intends to play.
PS I have a lot of bird action going on in my front yard. I have a nest of woodpecker babies and I also have some new baby cardinals just learning to fly! So much excitement for me today!

No comments: